Helping Adelaide’s cyclists keep riding.
We are a not for profit, community organization, registered charity, run by volunteeers. Open to the public, everyone welcome.
- Information and/or help to fix your own bicycle
- Second hand bikes for sale
- Second hand parts – wheels, saddles, seatposts, pedals etc.
- Tool loan
- Cost = parts + donation to workshop funds
- Volunteers welcome.
- We accept donations of bikes & parts
Address – The Joinery, 111 Franklin Street, Adelaide
(The Old Bus Station – where BikeSA was)
Entrance – off Franklin Street, west side of Old Bus Station – look for the cyclone wire fence, sign “The Joinery”, entrance gate.
If I donate a bike to the workshop … what happens to the bike?
- The workshop is run by a charity (Bikes for Refugees SA Inc). Welfare agencies refer clients to us, and we give a free bike to use for transport or recreation.
- We help refugee families re-settling in Adelaide, and also other people in hardship .
- Surplus bikes are sold to raise money.
- About half funds raised, are used to run the workshop and buy bike parts and bike tools.
- What’s surplus, we give to charities that help refugees e.g Red Cross, UNHCR, Australian Refugee Association.
In 2016-7, we received 1400 donated bikes.
Current Opening hours
- Saturday 9 am to 3 pm (including Long Weekends)
- Tuesday to Friday 10 am to 5 pm (except Public Holidays)
- Sunday, Monday closed
- Public holidays closed
- Check our Facebook page
- sms Mike Brisco 0435 02 16 81.
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bikes for Refugees information & forms; technical information. – here
The workshop is operated by Bikes for Refugees SA Inc, a charity registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission. ABN 20 663 461 735, Fund-raising licence CCP2132.