Helping Adelaide’s cyclists keep riding.
We are a not for profit, community organization, registered charity, run by volunteeers. Open to the public, everyone welcome.
- Information and/or help to fix your own bicycle
- Second hand bikes for sale
- Tool loan
- Cost = parts + donation to workshop funds
- pre-loved bike parts available
- Volunteers welcome.
- We accept donations of bikes & parts
Address – The Joinery, 111 Franklin Street, Adelaide
(The Old Bus Station – where BikeSA was)
Entrance – off Franklin Street, west side of Old Bus Station – look for the cyclone wire fence, sign “The Joinery”, entrance gate.
If I donate a bike to the workshop … what happens to the bike?
- The workshop is run by a charity (Bikes for Refugees SA Inc). Welfare agencies refer clients to us, and we give a free bike to use for transport or recreation.
- Mostly, we help refugee families in Adelaide. We also help other people in hardship e.g low income.
The numbers below show what happens, to bikes donated to us
- most bikes (70%) … repaired and serviced, then given free to people in need.
- 10% of bikes .. used for parts to fix up other bikes.
- remaining 20% .. not needed for above, so can be sold to raise money.
This is what we do with the money
- About half is needed to run the workshop and buy bike parts and bike tools.
- What’s left , we give to charities that help refugees e.g Red Cross, UNHCR, Australian Refugee Association.
In 2016-7, we received 1400 donated bikes.
Current Opening hours (from Winter 2017)
- Saturday 9 am to 3 pm (including Long Weekends)
- Tuesday to Friday 11 am to 5 pm (except Public Holidays)
- Sunday, Monday closed
- Public holidays closed
- Check our Facebook page
- sms Mike Brisco 0435 02 16 81.
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bikes for Refugees information & forms; technical information. – here
The workshop is operated by Bikes for Refugees SA Inc, a charity registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission. We recycle bikes, to hand on free of charge, to Adelaide people in need. ABN 20 663 461 735, Fund-raising licence CCP2132.