Helping Adelaide’s cyclists keep riding.
We are a not for profit, community organization, run by volunteers.
We are a charity – registered with the Australian Charities and Not for profits Commission
Our volunteers recycle donated bikes, to assist people in need
To fund this, we sell secondhand bikes, parts, and we do repairs and servicing
Open to the public, everyone welcome.
- Recycling donated bikes, for people in need
- Second hand bikes for sale – (Saturdays only)
- Second hand parts – wheels, saddles, seatposts, pedals etc.
- Repairs and servicing
- Information and/or help to fix your own bicycle
- Tool loan (Cost = parts + donation to workshop funds)
- Volunteers welcome.
- We accept donations of bikes & parts
Address – The Joinery, 111 Franklin Street, Adelaide SA
(The Old Bus Station)
We’re in the community garden, west side of the Old Bus Station – look for the garden entrance gate. The street address is No 113 – just past No 111.
If I donate a bike to the workshop … what happens to the bike?
- The workshop is run by a charity (Bikes for Refugees SA Inc). Welfare agencies refer clients to us, and we give a free bike to use for transport or recreation.
- We help refugee families re-settling in Adelaide, and also other people in hardship .
- Surplus bikes are sold to raise money.
- About half funds raised, are used to run the workshop and buy bike parts and bike tools.
- What’s surplus, we give to charities that help refugees e.g Red Cross, UNHCR, Australian Refugee Association.
In 2018-9, we received 1400 donated bikes.
Current Opening hours
- Saturday 9 am to 3 pm (including Long Weekends)
- Tuesday to Friday 10 am to 5 pm (except Public Holidays)
- Sunday, Monday closed
- Public holidays closed
- Check our Facebook page
- sms Mike Brisco 0435 02 16 81.
- email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Bikes for Refugees information & forms; technical information. – here
The workshop is operated by Bikes for Refugees SA Inc, a charity registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission. ABN 20 663 461 735, Fund-raising licence CCP2132.