Volunteering with Bikes for Refugees
We always welcome new volunteers. Work involves a range of jobs besides mechanical repair, e.g managing donations, clerical, internet, cleaning and detailing, helping people select bikes, assisting the public, providing cycling information, fund-raising etc. Please contact us if interested.
Volunteers contribute greatly to the success of the scheme.
- work with a small organisation, of friendly people who are interested in bicycles, want to help refugees and asylum seekers and others in need, and want to help the environment
- learn skills of mechanical work on bikes and bike restoration, including assessing bikes, planning repair work, routine maintenance and adjustment, repairs, specialized equipment and tools, bike restoration
- gain experience of working on many types of bikes, built at different times.
- help the public with bicycle repairs and bicycle information
- help Adelaide’s cyclists keep their bikes on the road
- have access to the workshop’s stocks of parts, tools and resources
- tea room with free tea & coffee, plus a social bbq every 1-2 months.
- You can count your volunteering towards ‘work for the dole’ requirements
- we can supply references for job applications.
- flexible times and days
- pleasant work site in Adelaide CBD
- easily accessible by public transport
- close to Central Market and City Centre .
last updated 1 Jan 2016